Expert Pruning Southern Oregon Tree Care, LLC prunes to national standards set forth by the American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI A300) The reasons for tree pruning may include, but are not limited to, reducing risk, maintaining or improving tree health and structure, improving aesthetics, or satisfying a specific need. Pruning practices for agricultural (fruit), horticultural production, or silvicultural purposes are exempt from this standard. These are the industry standards for pruning that we follow:
- Crown cleaning – shall consist of selective pruning to remove one or more of the following parts: dead, diseased, and/or broken branches.
- Thinning – shall consist of selective pruning to reduce density of live branches and should result in an even distribution of branches on individual limbs and through out the crown.
- Drip-line raising – raising shall consist of selective pruning to provide vertical clearance.
- Vista pruning – shall consist of selective pruning to allow a specific view from predetermined places.
- Crown restoration – shall consist of selective pruning to improve the structure, form, and appearance of trees that have been severely headed, vandalized, or damaged.
*We do not wear climbing spikes when we prune, only on removals. It makes many unnecessary wounds that may allow pests or disease to easily enter the tree. At the very least it makes unsightly holes that the tree must use its energy to seal.
We pride ourselves in removing trees in a careful and efficient manner, minimizing damage to your landscape.
- Cabling and Bracing – Supplemental support systems are used to provide additional support or limit movement of a tree or tree part.
- Pre/Post Construction Tree Preservation – Trees in urban environments are subject to many abuses that are not found in nature. Many times people fall in love with a tree and want to build their home near it and in the process unknowingly hurt or kill their tree. We can help preserve your tree. The best results are obtained by developing a tree protection plan and implementing it before any construction takes place. Here are some of the things we recommend and can do for you.
- Organic Soil Amendments – Sometimes in new developments soils can be barren or in older properties soils can be compacted and depleted. We offer a soil injection with 20 species of mycorrhizae, 2 Species Trichoderma, some biostimulants and other beneficial bacteria to help get your soil started. We typically recommend annual light mulching so that your soil can thrive and help your trees and shrubs get the nutrients they need.
Stump Removal & Grinding
Stumps can be an unsightly blemish on an otherwise stately landscape. Let us help you restore your property to its full glory by grinding them out so you can replant or otherwise make full use of your yard
Emergency Storm Work
We can quickly and safely remove downed trees and limbs from your home, vehicle or other property. Please call, if you reach us after hours just leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. (541)772-0404
Were happy to come and chip your clean brush pile. Were sorry but we cannot chip piles with dirt or metal in them. Nor do we haul off trash.
Some cities require certified arborist reports to remove trees in their city limits. We offer a basic arborist report with photos after a site visit.
Fencing of the tree-protection area
Placement of off-limits signs on these areas – Minimize soil compaction By limiting traffic and specifying tree protection zones (TPZ) much of the damage caused by heavy equipment can be minimized. mulching inside and outside the TPZ can help immensely
Delay the planting of any new material until the construction is completed
Pre/post construction soil injections can provide a boost to the tree in these times of root stress
Expert Staff – ISA certified arborists
Fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured